Grilled Honey Pork Chops
Grilled pork chops with a touch of sweet and savory is what you will have with this recipe. Using simple ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen, dinner will be ready quickly.
- 3 pork chops 1.5 pounds Center Cut
- 1/8 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to season
Rinse porkchops under running water and pat dry. Rub a light coat of vegetable oil on each side and sprinkle with salt, pepper and dried parsley.
In a small bowl mix ketchup, honey, soy sauce and crushed garlic. Use a whisk to gently mix the ingredients together well. Set aside.
Preheat grill to medium heat with lightly oiled grate. Place pork chops on grill and brush honey garlic glaze on top side. Let sear for 1 minute or until meat releases easily from the grate.
Flip over and sear the other side, brushing honey glaze on the top.
Close grill cover. Cook pork chops for 5-6 minutes per side. Baste them with additional glaze throughout the cooking time.
When they reach an internal temperature of 145° F on a meat thermometer, they are done. Remove from grill and let sit for a couple of minutes.
- Pork has a tendency to overcook and become dry. Use a meat thermometer to know when they are done.
- These are great reheated - just add a few tablespoons of honey/water to the pan and warm in the oven.
- To freeze for a quick meal later - wrap each chop individually and freeze until needed.
Serving: 1gCalories: 298kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 23gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 430mgSugar: 14g