Honey is a sweet golden treat made by honey bees. Thank goodness bees make honey because we use it in so many ways. One of the most popular ways to use honey is in baking. Homemade cookies are a special treat that just can’t be duplicated by cookies from a bag. Enjoy this easy honey recipe and learn how to make honey cranberry cookies for your family.
Homemade Cookies are Easy to Make
Simple tasty homemade cookies – who doesn’t love them? By using honey and less regular sugar, these cookies are sweet and moist. But let’s be real, honey is sugar – so everything in moderation.
May contain affiliate links. Read my privacy and affiliate disclosure policy for more info.
One of the reasons I love making cookies is that they are hard to mess up. Many recipes can be baked in bar form or scooped onto the cookie sheet in lumps. That’s my kind of baking!
- dried cranberries
- raw honey
- white chocolate chips
- unsalted butter
- light brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
How to Make Honey-Cranberry Cookies – Directions
While the oven is heating up to 350° F, use a mixer to combine the butter, brown sugar and honey. Letting the butter soften first, will make this task much easier. Mix until blended well and then ad in the vanilla egg. Stir to combine.
After combining the flour and baking soda, slowly add it to the sugar mixture until all is mixed together. Use a large spoon to gently fold in the cranberries and white chocolate chips.
Use a tablespoon or ice cream scoop to drop mounds of cookie down on the baking sheet. Leave a few inches between them as they will spread out.
Bake for about 14-16 minutes until you see the edges turning brown. After removing from the oven, let the cookies cool on the pan before moving to a cooling rack.
Honey Cranberry Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/4 cup of raw honey
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. With an electric mixer combine the softened butter, brown sugar and honey. Mix until well combined, then add the vanilla and egg. Stir until creamy smooth.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda. Then slowly add the flour mixture to the creamed sugar mix. Continue until well blended.
- Stir in the cranberries and white chocolate chips with a large spoon. When well mixed, drop tablespoon sized mounds of cookie dough on a greased baking sheet. Cookies should be spaced a couple of inches apart-they will spread.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 14-16 minutes, until the edges are brown and the tops are set.
- Remove from oven and leave on baking sheet for a few minutes until they begin to harden. Move cookies to a cooling rack to complete cooling. Store in a sealed container.
The color and flavor of various honeys are different due to the nectar sources used by the bees to make honey.
Honey is a natural sweetener that’s been around for thousands of years. It has been used in many types of food prep. Don’t miss out on this recipe for Honey Apple Butter that you can make in a crockpot and can it for long term storage if you wish.
This simple cookie Honey Cranberry Cookie recipe was made using raw honey . Try the recipe with different types of honey and see the flavor difference for yourself.
And if the heat of Summer is giving you the blues, try these frozen Honey Yogurt Berry Pops!