Honey Lime Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
This Honey Lime Shrimp Stir Fry recipe is quick and easy to fix. Not only that, it is delicious too! Raw honey adds just the right amount of sweetness without over-powering the taste of shrimp. Add this one to your book of easy honey recipes because you will want to make it more than once.
If you only like popcorn shrimp battered and deep-fried, I understand you. But give this stir-fry honey recipe a chance. The sauce adds a special flavor to the dish.
When ready, I removed the shrimp from the sauce. However, thanks to a suggestion from my husband, in the future I will reserve some of the cooking sauce for dipping!
Choosing Honey for Recipes
You will notice that I mention using raw honey. That is the only honey I ever use in cooking but of course any type of honey will do just fine in the recipe.
Honey is such a great staple to have on hand in the pantry. And, if you learn how to store honey properly, it never goes bad.
When measuring honey for recipes, coating the measuring spoon or cup with oil helps the honey slide right out! This makes using honey in cooking much easier.
Raw frozen shelled and devined shrimp were used in this recipe. I forgot to thaw them the day before. 🙁
If this happens to you, remove the frozen shrimp from the bag. Place them in a bowl of cold water. Let them sit for about 20 minutes – changing the water once. Let them drain. Mine were just fine.
- 1 lb of deveined and shelled shrimp (fresh or frozen-thawed)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of lime juice
- dash of salt
- dash of red pepper flakes
- chopped parsley - if desired
- Remove shrimp from packaging and rinse well under cold water. Set aside and let them drain in a colander.
- Preheat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add the olive oil, butter and garlic. Saute until the garlic is slightly brown.
- Stir in the drained shrimp - mix well with melted ingredients. Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring a few times.
- Combine the honey, lime juice and red pepper flakes and pour into the shrimp mixture. Cook until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat - add slices of lime and stir. Add a chopped parsley garnish and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 1g
Sides for Your Honey Dishes
There are many different sides you could serve with this honey recipe. We like angel hair pasta with butter and Parmesan cheese.
Any creamy pasta dish is suitable. And, we often use fruit salads as a side for our stir fry dishes.
Enjoy Honey Lime Shrimp with your family. It is easy to make and sure to please. A quick fix to keep some frozen shrimp on hand and whip up a quick dish when you need one in a hurry.
And don’t forget to try the Honey Chicken Stir Fry if you love chicken with vegetables.