Honey and chicken make a dynamic duo in the kitchen. This recipe for baked honey chicken tenders uses honey and bread crumbs to create a moist yet crunchy dinner for your family. This super simple recipe is one of the easiest honey recipes to try-it’s sure to be a favorite.
Simple Baked Honey Chicken Tenders
Chicken is a very popular food choice when planning your family meals. The great thing about chicken is that it can be cooked in so many different ways. Fried, sautéed, stewed or baked, chicken is a dish full of opportunity.
Honey can be used in almost any method of cooking but it is a great partner for baking. Baking with honey helps lock in moisture and encourages even browning.
- chicken tenders
- Italian bread crumbs
- parmesan cheese
Chicken tenders: I used pre-sliced tenders but you can buy boneless chicken breasts and cut it into strips to make your own tenders. The meat should be trimmed of any excess fat.
Honey: Do you have honey in your pantry? It can be used in many different types of recipes (food and non-food) and lasts virtually forever. I hope you always have a jar on hand.
Of course, honey is often used as a replacement for granular sugar. In fact, you can use honey instead of sugar and make some of the best honey scones ever! But, that is a recipe for another day.
Mayo: This recipe uses mayonnaise to create a moist coating for the chicken tenders. Don’t be thrown off by the use of mayo.
The amount used is small and you can use light mayonnaise if you prefer. After it is mixed with honey and bread crumbs are added, there is no discernable taste in the final product.
Bread Crumbs: You may choose to use seasoned purchased bread crumbs in this baked honey chicken tender recipe for simplicity. Or, you can make your own.
Make Your Own Bread Crumbs
If you do not have any on hand, you can make your own bread crumbs to use as a coating for your honey chicken tenders.
- Bake several slices of fresh bread in a 350° F oven for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Place crusty bread in a plastic bag and use rolling pin to crush
- add Italian spices if desired
- Now, you have fancy bread crumbs
Tips for Preparing Chicken
The initial stages of preparing your raw chicken tenders can be a bit messy. Mayo, honey and wet chicken can be difficult to hold on to. They are slippery.
After coating the meat the wet ingredients, use a bag for the crumb mix. It’s just so much easier than trying to dip each tender-one at a time.
Your baked honey chicken tenders should come out moist and juice with a crispy crust. I prefer to add salt and pepper to taste just prior to eating. You can substitute panko for the crumbs if you wish.
Pair them with your favorite vegetable or rice as a side dish. You have a nice high protein meal ready to eat.
They are great plain or add a few dipping sauces such as barbeque or honey mustard – even ranch dressing tastes great – or so my family says.
If you have an air fryer – what about air fryer honey glazed chicken bits? I admit I am not the best air fryer chef but these are very tasty. Take care to not overcook them.
And lets not leave out the pork lovers in the family. These honey mustard pork chops are moist and delicious – even when cooked in the oven. If is it a great day for grill – this recipe for grilled honey pork chops is a winner.
Baked Honey Chicken Tenders
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.Read my disclosure.
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons Mayo
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs (optional)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Mix the mayo and honey together – add to a bowl containing the chicken pieces and stir well – coating the tenders with mixture.
- Place the bread crumbs in a plastic bag.
- Toss coated tenders 2 or 3 at a time in the bread crumb bag.
- Place chicken strips in a single layer on a baking sheet or sheet pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. You can use a foil lining instead for easier cleanup.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over all of the tenders.
- Place in a preheated 425° F oven.
- Cook for 8 minutes – carefully turn tenders over.
- Cook for an additional 8 minutes – remove from oven. Enjoy