Honey and chicken make a dynamic duo in the kitchen. The use of honey in baking helps maintain moisture. This recipe for Baked Honey Chicken Tenders uses honey and bread crumbs to create a moist yet crunchy dinner for your family.
Chicken is a very popular food choice when planning your family meals. The great thing about chicken is that it can be cooked in so many different ways.
Honey can be used in almost any method of cooking. Sometimes it is used as a replacement for sugar but honey is also a great baking partner. Use honey instead of sugar and make some of the best Honey Scones ever!
As a matter of fact, honey is the perfect staple to keep in your pantry. It can be used in many different types of recipes and lasts virtually forever.
This recipe uses honey and mayo to create a moist coating for the chicken tenders. It only takes a small amount of each to coat your tenders. Stir it in well.
Don’t be thrown off by the use of mayo. The amount used is small and you can use light mayo if you prefer.
After it is mixed with honey and bread crumbs are added, there is no mayo taste in the final product.
You may choose to use seasoned purchased bread crumbs. If you do not have any on hand, you can make your own.
Bake several slices of fresh bread in a 350° F oven for 15 minutes. Let cool. Then place crusty bread in a plastic bag and use rolling pin to crush. You can add Italian spices if desired.
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons Mayo
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Mix the mayo and honey together - add to a bowl containing the tenders and stir well - coating the tenders with mixture.
- Place the bread crumbs in a plastic bag.
- Toss coated tenders 2 or 3 at a time in the bread crumb bag.
- Place tenders in a single layer on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over all of the tenders.
- Place in a preheated 425° F oven.
- Cook for 8 minutes - carefully turn tenders over.
- Cook for an additional 8 minutes - remove from oven. Enjoy
Serving Size:4 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 515Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 1377mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 27g
Nutrition data is added for informational purposes only and not a guarantee of accuracy.
Now that you see what it can do, don’t let that honey jar sit alone in the pantry. It’s time to try a Honey Chicken Stir Fry.
Or maybe even some – Honey Cranberry Cookies!