Easy Honey Mustard Pork Chops
If the thought of juicy baked pork chops makes your mouth water – you are in luck. This recipe for Honey Mustard Pork Chops is so easy. Adding honey to the dish helps maintain the flavor and moisture. In under 30 minutes (cook time), dinner is ready to serve.
How to Make Honey Mustard Pork Chops in the Oven
Pork is one of the leanest cuts of meat you can buy. However, all too often our chops turn out tough and dry.
May contain affiliate links. Read my privacy and affiliate disclosure policy for more info.
It is not your fault that they aren’t tender, it is incredibly easy to over cook them. But, when baked in the right way, they can retain their moisture and juices.
The combination of honey and mayonnaise in this recipe helps keep the pork chop moisture level high. And, they taste great too.
Here are the main ingredients you need to make honey mustard pork chops. In addition, you will need a few spices, salt, black pepper and some oil (canola or olive oil). It is fine to make some minor substitutions for items that you may already have in the pantry.
- pork chops
I am using center cut pork chops for this recipe. They are of medium thickness – not too thin or thick. If your chops are really thick, the cook time must be adjusted to a longer time. And of course, thin ones are likely to be ready sooner.
You can use boneless pork chops or even end-cut. Just be sure to trim off any excess fat from the pork chops – regardless of the variety you are baking.
While mayonnaise might not be the healthiest ingredient on the planet, it does have a lot of benefits in cooking. Never fear – we are only using a little in preparing this dish.
Being a Southern lady, I use Dukes Mayonnaise. I hear there are actually other brands – but I have no experience with them ;). Seriously though, any brand will work.
Mustards are often used as a binder for pork. They help hold the dry rub on the surface of the meat. In our case, we are using it for flavor.
This recipe calls for a mix of spicy brown mustard and yellow mustard. If you have some Dijon mustard – that’s okay to use.
My goal is to add a little flavor while keeping the dish mild for certain family members. You can use only spicy or regular mustard if that is what you have on hand. When combined with the mayo and honey, the mustard helps give a distinct flavor without being too strong.
Pure raw honey is always my preference. I like the fact that it has not been over processed. You will find that honey is used in many baked goods.
In fact, honey can be used for so many things-you should always keep a bit on hand. Honey never spoils if you store it properly.
You will find that honey is available in different varieties. This does not always mean that anything has been added. The bees make honey from different nectar sources resulting in honey of various flavors.
Putting It All Together
1. Because they are cut with a saw, always rinse raw chops. Then dry off the excess water with a paper towel. A little sprinkle of salt and pepper on both sides begins the seasoning process.
2. Mixing up the honey mustard blends is quick and easy. Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and sit aside for now.
3. Searing the pork chops for just a few minutes is an important step. Don’t skip it. This step helps seal in the juices.
4. The magic happens in the oven. Our pork chops surrounded by the honey mustard mix are baked to perfection.
Pork chops are so easy to overcook. Investing in a food thermometer is not a waste. It will actually save you money long term. Less overcooked food for your table.
This recipe is full of flavor but some might find is a little bland. If you want to spice things up – use all spicy mustard instead of the yellow – or add some red pepper flakes. Another option, make your own hot honey and use that.
Pork chops go well with many different sides. Green beans are a good choice in our home. Mashed or baked potatoes also go well with pork.
If it is a nice evening and you want to be outside with the grill, these grilled honey pork chops are a great option.
If pork is not your thing, and you want a break from chicken. Try this honey shrimp stir fry recipe. It is surprising good and even picky eaters seem to like it.
Don’t let the rest of that jar of honey sit around doing nothing. There are many honey recipes out there to try.
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a 5 star (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) rating in the recipe card below. And, don’t forget to follow me on Facebook and Instagram.
Honey Mustard Pork Chops
- 1 Meat Thermometer (optional)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 pieces pork chops (center cut)
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. While this is happening, prepare the honey mustard mixture. In a small bowl, stir together the mayo, honey, mustards and spices. Set aside.
- Rinse and dry off your raw pork chops. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on each side.
- On the stove top, place a large skillet on medium-high heat with a small amount of cooking oil.Wait until the skillet and oil is hot. Place the pork chops in the hot skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side.If you have 4 chops, you may need to do two at a time. Don't crowd them – we want a good browned sear.
- Place browned chops in a casserole dish in a single layer. It is okay if they overlap just a bit.Spread the honey mustard mixture over the pork chops on both sides.
- Bake in preheated oven until the internal temperature reaches 145° F on a meat thermometer. This will take between 20 and 30 minutes depending on the thickness of the meat.Once the pork chops are done. Turning the over on broil for just a few minutes gives them a nice golden crust.Don't let them rest. Enjoy your delicious honey mustard pork chops right now.