This post may contain affiliate links – read our full disclosure
How to Make Grilled Pork Chops with a Honey Garlic Glaze
Honey is a useful ingredient in almost any type of cooking. From baking to grilling and more, using honey in the recipe adds flavor and texture. One of the most common ways to use honey is creating a glaze or sauce over meat. This Honey Garlic Grilled Pork Chop Recipe is quick and easy to make. Better yet, it uses ingredients that you most likely already have in your pantry.
The simplicity of this recipe is a big part of the attraction. No marinating is necessary. So many times, I need a quick meal and then see that I should have planned ahead. No worries, this honey garlic glaze goes on during cooking.
Best Honey for Cooking
What is the best honey to use for cooking? I’m not sure there is a best. Honey is made by honey bees and comes in many different varieties. The flavor and color of honey varies depending on the nectar source gathered by the bees.
Even in cooking, I prefer using raw honey. Yes, even though we are heating it – I enjoy the purity of using raw honey straight from the hive when possible.
Grilled or Baked Pork Chops
I prefer making these on the grill. However, you may choose to pan fry or bake your pork chops instead. Be sure to use a meat thermometer to get the internal temperature to 145° F.
Avoid overcooking or they will be tough. That is a big problem that I have – I always tend to overcook pork chops.
The recipe works well for bone in or boneless chops. My family prefers bone in so I am using Pork Loin Center Cuts.
- 3 pork chops (1.5 pounds) Center Cut
- 1/8 cup of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Rinse porkchops under running water and pat dry. Rub a light coat of vegetable oil on each side and sprinkle with salt, pepper and dried parsley.
- In a small bowl mix ketchup, honey, soy sauce and crushed garlic. Use a whisk to gently mix the ingredients together well. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium heat with lightly oiled grate. Place pork chops on grill and brush honey garlic glaze on top side. Let sear for 1 minute or until meat releases easily from the grate.
- Flip over and sear the other side, brushing honey glaze on the top.
- Close grill cover. Cook pork chops for 5-6 minutes per side. Baste them with additional glaze throughout the cooking time.
- When they reach an internal temperature of 145° F on a meat thermometer, they are done. Remove from grill and let sit for a couple of minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 430mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 23g
Pork Chops can dry out quickly when reheating. Place a couple tablespoons of honey/water in an oven safe pan. Add pork chops and cover with foil – heat in a 350 ° F over for 10 minutes.
Want to save some for an even faster dinner in the future? These Honey Garlic Grilled Pork Chops freeze well. Just wrap each one individually in freezer wrap or foil.
Other Honey Recipes to Try
While you have the grill fired up, you might consider some Honey Glazed Grilled Pineapple. They are really easy to make.
Final Thoughts on Grilling Your Honey Garlic Chops
Match your yummy pork chop with a couple of sides and dinner is served. We are a meat and potatoes family so a baked potato and broccoli with cheese was just what we needed.
Don’t feel intimidated by pork. It’s the other white meat. Creating a honey glaze is a good companion for pork and it goes well on chicken too. In fact, this Honey Chicken Stir Fry is wonderful.