Homemade Honey Roasted Almonds Recipe
Honey roasted almonds are an easy quick snack for any occasion. They are healthier than some snacks in spite of having a higher fat count. The fats in almonds are consider healthy fats that are good for you in moderation. This easy honey recipe creates an irresistible snack that will disappear very quickly.
Enjoying the Benefits of Eating Almonds
One of the more healthy nut options, almonds are a favorite of people concerned with eating healthy.
Containing healthy fats, vitamin E, protein and fiber, almonds are used in many recipes.
Almonds are native to the Middle East but the United States is now the larger producer of almonds in the world. Also, almond pollination is dependent on one special insect that is dear to me.
Yes, honey bee pollination is needed in the large almond groves. Thousands of colonies are trucked in each year to pollinate the fields of blooming trees.
Using Honey in Your Recipes
There are many varieties of honey that you can use in cooking. I always have a preference for raw honey straight from a beekeeper.
Whether you choose to use regular Wildflower honey or a specialty honey such as Orange Blossom or Clover does not matter. Any type of honey will taste great in your recipe.
After finding a good honey source, be sure to store your honey properly. Honey never spoils when it is stored in the right way. Do a good job and it will be ready to use for your next recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups of whole almonds
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of coarse ground sea salt
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Spread almonds in a single layer on an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- Place in cold oven - turn oven to 350 degrees F - cook 12-15 minutes. Then remove and set aside.
- In small bowl, mix together the sugar and coarse sea salt. Mix well to ensure they are well blended.
- In a medium saucepan, add the honey, water, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Heat to a boil.
- Stir the almonds into the hot liquid and stir. Continue to cook on low heat until all of the liquid is absorbed by the almonds. This should take 5-8 minutes.
- Pour almonds into a medium sized bowl and add the sugar salt mixture. Mix with large spoon to coat the nuts.
- Spread the honey roasted almonds on a sheet of wax paper to cool. Then store at room temperature in a tightly sealed container or bag.
*if your honey roasted almonds remain sticky - it may be due to humid weather - try to prepare them when the humidity is low
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/3 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 579mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 5gSugar: 27gProtein: 10g
Final Tips on Honey Roasted Almond Snacks
Some studies suggest that eating honey roasted almonds as a snack is a step towards a healthier lifestyle.
They are a great take with you snack for camping, hiking or other activities that require energy. And, some people say they make great beer nuts too!