This post may contain affiliate links – full disclosure – read here
Make Your Own Herbal Wax Sachets with Beeswax
Enjoy fresh natural scents without the toxic chemicals present in commercial air fresheners. Learn how to make these DIY Herbal Wax Sachets with beeswax and essential oils. They are much safer than candles to use around pets or children. Another example of one of many awesome beeswax uses in the home.
Natural Air Freshener Wax Sachet
There are many reasons to consider making your own scented wax sachets. Though not an answer to “major bad smells” these small sachets can help freshen up the air in a stale room. They add a pleasant aroma to small spaces.
Another reason to consider sachets is safety. Beeswax candles add a warm clean presence to the room too.
However, you don’t always want to have a live flame that requires constant supervison.
Are Scented Sachets Toxic?
Maybe.. maybe not. The problem with commercial air freshener produces is that you don’t know what is in them.
By creating your own natural beeswax sachets, you can control the ingredients used in making them.
Your family and friends are not exposed to any nasty hidden chemicals that are present in so many commercial air fresheners.
- Raw Beeswax
- Essential Oils (Your Choice)
- Mold Release Spray
- Dried Herbs (Your Choice)
- Ribbon or String for Hanger
- Double Boiler
- Silicone Mold or equivalent
- Melt approximately 16 oz net weight of beeswax in a double boiler. Beeswax is easy to work with but it is flammable if it gets too hot.
Yes you "could" use the microwave but a double boiler is much safer.
- While the wax is melting, prepare your molds by spraying with mold release or Pam Cooking Spray. I prefer to use a silicone mold that I bought for this purpose. Scroll down to recommended products to see the one I chose.
But you can use any small mold such as : cookie cutters lined with plastic wrap, small plastic bowls, silicone molds in different shapes etc.
- Once the wax is completely melted remove pan from heat. Add 30-50 drops of the essential oil of your choice.
You may divide the wax into 2 or 3 different cups if you want to have different scents in one batch. If you do so, adjust the drops of essential oil per cup.
- Pour wax into prepared molds of your choice. Sprinkle dried herbs on the surface of the cooling wax. Now you must be patient while the wax hardens.
If patience is not your virtue you can put the mold in the freezer for a bit to hurry things along.
- Once the wax has cooled completely and hardened, remove your beeswax sachet from the mold.
If you use the type of mold that I do, you will have a "hanger" holed in your sachet. If not, use a small knife to create one.
Add a colorful ribbon or piece of natural twine to each sachet to serve as a hanger. Enjoy!
* This easy project is a lot of fun. However, you must take proper safety measures to prevent burns or fire.
Beeswax can be difficult to remove from pots and pans. It is best to have special ones that are dedicated to wax use.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silicone Wax Molds, KOOTIPS Diamond Resin Jewelry Molds Making with Hanging Hole for DIY Jewelry Craft Making (Rectangle)
Beesworks® Beeswax Pellets, Yellow, 1lb-Cosmetic Grade-Triple Filtered Beeswax.
Double Boiler Cup - to use with regular pot underneath 2 Cup Capacity
4oz - Premium Quality Lavender Essential Oil
Beeswax Floral Sachets for Gift Giving
Anytime you make a batch of beeswax sachets, keep a few extras back. You never know when you may need a small gift for a special occasion.
Add one to a small decorative bag and maybe include a fancy ribbon and you are gift ready. A group of 3 makes a very delightful gift.
The scent on your sachets will last for a while. If you decide you want to refresh the scent – dab a few drops of your favorite essential oil on the surface.
Or, you can melt the beeswax , strain out the flowers and remake them again. The possibilities are endless and beeswax is so easy to use for crafting projects.
You can even make your own beeswax crayons to spur your children’s creativity in a natural way.
Crafting with beeswax is always a lot of fun and so easy to do. Whether you are making Beeswax Lip Balm, Beeswax Furniture Polish or your own Beeswax Candles – enjoy this wonderful gift from the bees.